Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Portfolio is Coming Along

This week has been pretty productive. Though I have not done much, I have a lot to do. I am still waiting to here back from Trev about my press release I did for their company. It's been over a week and I'm getting a little nervous, but I know he is busy. I am planning on doing an interview for my article I am writing for the Incubator's newsletter; hopefully that will be next week, the man is out of town this week. Erin received an email from Winabeth Smith of the research company regarding some documents they needed edited. She was nice enough to share them with me and I was able to edit their response letter. I checked over that letter four times to make sure I caught everything. I found that there was at least two errors that I missed from the previous time so it was good to check over and over. I used the electronic editor in Word and sent it to Erin to include in the email back to Winabeth. Also, Dusty came by and spoke to us about doing an interview of a musician from Beckley. We decided we will both call him from the conference room and interview him together. Dusty already has the questions written up for us. I am definitly getting some interviewing experience. And one other thing, which may turn out to be nothing, is that I got an offer to write for the sports company here at the Incubator. Dale Weaver, the chief executive officer of Sports Weave, asked to see some samples of my writing because they are working to merge with a magazine, I think, and he needs somebody to write a few articles. So we will see.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

I think it's great that you're getting more work to do, and it seems like you're making the most out of what you have. Sometimes I worry that I need to go over my work more or need to be a little more careful so I don't miss things. The sports writing opportunity sounds great. Good luck with that!

Anonymous said...

Like Brittney, I think it's great that you're getting more work. I think that one benefit to the poster is that we don't need to have a TON of different things. I haven't had the opportunity to interview anyone, but it sounds like you're getting a lot of experience. That should add to the uniqueness of your poster and portfolio (if you decide to explain/show that)