Monday, November 17, 2008

Almost Finished

I am really behind on my blog. I have been so busy working on everything for all of my classes that I keep forgetting to write my posts. Let's see...Erin and I have been keeping pretty busy at the Incubator. This week will be a little slow because we've finally finished everything. We were given a grant narrative and summary to complete for a grant application the Incubator was submitting. We actually did pretty good for the little amount we knew about the company and the short amount of time we had to do it in. It was actually a very beneficial assignment. Originally we thought it was due by the 20th, but they wanted it the end of last week. I had started researching samples of grant narratives because I had never done one before, but I only found a few examples. I found a lot of grant proposals and that's about it. Then when we found out it was due the end of the week so I really didn't have much time to look over the samples. But we had a checklist that the application provided of what we needed to include so it wasn't terrible. Erin and I were sending the narrative back and forth the night before it was due, both adding things in to make it the appropriate length. It was hard not knowing enough about the company.

I just finished my article for the Incubator newsletter. I was working on the tenant spotlight which was focused on the Videntity Systems, Inc. company. I had to interview the founder, Alan Viars last week. He is a really nice guy and was really easy to talk to. Since the interview I have been working on a few other things for Alan. He wants to improve his website so we were brainstorming what types of things could improve it. We decided that an FAQ page would be very helpful and he is having me work on a short biography on him; I'm not sure if that is going on the site though. I also worked on another article, like the one for the Incubator newsletter, but it was for the West Virginia Biometrics Initiative newsletter. It's not a very popular newsletter, but my article was published. The only problem is that they don't include the authors of the articles so my name was not in there. Alan is giving me a lot of opportunities to get experience and he may even have a job for me come January!

I have been working on my poster and it's so hard to choose what to display. I want to keep it organized so I have to pick and choose.

No comments: